Sunday, May 15, 2011

Assignmnet 5; Photography And The Environment



Photography and the environment, I find this topic a bit difficult to discuss my personal opinions and views. I feel that photography is a powerful visual aid that allows us to convey our opinion, views and the way we see our world today. They say a photograph can say a thousand words where our written concerns can go unnoticed. Saying this I mean that a single image can say more that what we are trying to convey. We alone cannot stop certain events that take place, though through our photography we are able to show more as we are allowing the horrible aspects in our world to see the light.
Our photography gives us the oppitunity to show others these events and allow us to raise awareness to those who are not able to see it first hand.
With this topic I felt that the issue of whaling has a major impact within our environment as it will ultimately lead to the extinction of whales in general. Images like these are necessary as our world is already becoming used to the blood and gore that these photographs show, I feel that it is due to the increased slasher films like saw, and the computer games. I don't blame the industry as they are keeping up with the demand of these genres. Though I do understand that we do need this type of shock an horror to make people stop and look at the events that occur around us daily.

























References;

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sustainablewaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/japanese-whaling.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sustainablewaters.com/stop-whaling-what-you-can-do/&usg=__kX-SOJJl6t9SIHV2jX4knGNXL44=&h=422&w=300&sz=38&hl=en&start=7&zoom=1&tbnid=FkJswk-bpzCTKM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=90&ei=H7bQTY2DJY3MuAOznPGfCg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwhaling%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1800%26bih%3D934%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divnsu&itbs=1

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7a/Bowhead_Whale_2002-08-10.jpg&imgrefurl=http://worldagainstwhaling.org/whaling-nations.html&usg=__MilHxwkJlhdu0Q7-YcZc4rTVC-0=&h=3442&w=5399&sz=515&hl=en&start=9&zoom=1&tbnid=roiNX9IW1icm5M:&tbnh=96&tbnw=150&ei=H7bQTY2DJY3MuAOznPGfCg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwhaling%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1800%26bih%3D934%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divnsu&itbs=1

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.whalenation.org/images/whaling.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.whalenation.org/index.asp%3Fpage%3Dwhale_hunting&usg=__D_Gp1k_JV8260RfzO0hWcARxr4s=&h=330&w=500&sz=120&hl=en&start=8&zoom=1&tbnid=8g8oanE_ZjXMbM:&tbnh=86&tbnw=130&ei=H7bQTY2DJY3MuAOznPGfCg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwhaling%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1800%26bih%3D934%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divnsu&itbs=1

No comments:

Post a Comment